Thursday, November 4, 2010

One-Bean Coffee...

"Oh the one-bean coffee! We have to have the one-bean coffee! Can you PLEEEEEAAAASSEEE make me your famous one-bean coffee?"-Dad

Yes, I was quite the gullible child. Somewhere along the line my parents taught me how to make coffee. I would grind the beans, put the grounds in the filter, put the filter in the machine, pour the water in the top, and push START. As every coffee drinker knows, this isn't an out-of-the-ordinary coffee making process, with one exception...the magic touch for Donielle's Famous One-Bean Coffee was the one whole coffee bean I'd add before I closed the filter in the coffee maker. I was convinced that ONE bean made a world of difference in the taste (even though I had never tried coffee one-beaned or otherwise), and my Dad was more than happy to agree with me and milk it for all it was worth. He would throw me his puppy dog eyes and ask if I could make him some of my famous one-bean coffee...and I would. The genius of it all is that we both got what we wanted...he got his pot of coffee without having to lift a finger, and in the process he made me feel like I was the most amazing coffee barista that ever ground a coffee bean.


No comments:

Post a Comment