Thursday, November 25, 2010

Some reasons to be thankful...

Although, I'm sure this is harder for my Mom and my Brother because they had been with him every holiday season, today marks the beginning of the first holiday season without my Dad alive. So in honor of Thanksgiving and in honor of my Dad, I'm going to give you a few of reasons why I'm eternally thankful for him...

1. He taught me about Jesus.
2. He gave me my sense of humor.
3. He instilled in me the ability recognize the worth of each and every human being, and gave me the heart to help them see it in themselves.
4. He told me to move to Tennessee, the best advice I ever received!
5. He taught me to never turn my back on a friend in need even if it's inconvenient.
6. Farting loudly in public could ALWAYS be blamed on toads or frogs.
7. He was never embarrassed about who he was or what he believed in.
8. He dreamed like a child, always believing in possibilities.
9. He loved me without end and always made sure I knew it.
10. He gave me music...without him I probably never would have sang a note.

I love you Dadio...I miss you so much and I wish you were around so I could call and say "Happy Turkey Day!"....




2 comments:

  1. our thoughts are with you and your family today. He did a good job of raising a wonderful young woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an awesome Dad. he taught you about Jesus! ultimately this is the most important thing a Dad could do. i have failed at many things but i have taught my kids about Christ and His saving power. how awesome you will live with your Dad in eternity. what a Savior!
    nikonsniper steve

    ReplyDelete